With committee of two,
review the treasurer's book by February 1st and prepare a statement of audit for the February
1. Apply for GCI and NGC
a. Prepare books of evidence
b. Work closely with committee chairmen
regarding preparation and
evidence for awards - well in
advance of project.
2. Keep notebook for criteria of
awards - See Fall Garden Glories and GCI
3. Prepare a list of all GCI and
NGC awards received and give it to Yearbook
Review the Treasurer's book by
February 1st and prepare a budget for the February meeting.
Design, organize and plant
annuals in downtown Kankakee and at the Depot outdoor containers.
COLUMN GARDEN and LET FREEDOM RING
1. Serve as liaison with the
Kankakee Valley Park District and Kankakee County
and meet at least once annually to determine the needs of the
2. Work with funds from the
Kankakee Kultivators and the Kankakee
County Museum to prioritize fund utilization to fulfill determined objectives.
3. Organize and provide workers
to perform upkeep as required, especially for the
in the gardens.
Be a liaison between the Arts
Council and the Kultivators and report significant events.
and BYLAWS/PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
1. Be familiar with the
2. Suggest any needed changes or
3. See that Robert's Rules
of Order is the authority of the Kankakee Kultivators in all
covered by these bylaws, Standing Rules or any public law.
Appointed by the
President. Appoint all committee chairmen.
state and national procedures for flower shows.
and create, with approval of club President, scope and site of show.
present at all times during the show to handle problems and questions.
Secure a tree in the annual "Gallery
of Trees" event held by the Kankakee County Historical Society.
Design, plan and decorate the
1. Determine Garden Walk venue
2. Get insurance for the participating gardens
3. Select the theme of the Garden
4. Determine box lunch venue, cost and
5. Order Stones for the participating
Visit and select gardens the summer prior to
the Garden Walk
1. Send invitation letters to past vendors
2. Find new vendors
Ticket Design Committee:
Work with the other Garden Walk committees to
obtain ticket information - garden descriptions, map, etc.
1. Deliver tickets to businesses for
2. Identify new businesses to participate in
Hostess Assignment Committee:
Recruit Kultivator members to host each garden
during the Garden Walk
Signage & Map
1. Design the map & directions for the
2. Place signs to guide visitors, as needed
Luncheon Site Committee:
Design the decorations for the Civic Center
and the Preview Party
Collect Garden Walk lunch payment
Preview Party Committee:
1. Secure venue for the party for the evening
before the Garden Walk
2. Send out invitations
3. Order and pick up chicken from best
4. Buy tablecloths, plates and silverware, as
5. Set up the morning of the party with
decorations provided by the Luncheon
6. Clean up and take down tables after the
1. Send information to area publications,
GCI and other garden clubs
2. Distribute signs/posters to local
1. Send letters to businesses that have donated prizes
2. Send requests to members to donate
3. Asses existing raffle items stored from
prior years to determine needs
4. List all donors in a poster for display at
the Garden Walk and for the website
Visit the gardens and their owners to work on
the descriptions for the tickets and the website
Clean Up & Take Down Committee:
Recruit members to help clean up the lunch
various annual plants and planters for sale to members and public.
HISTORIAN and SCRAPBOOK
1. Clip all publicity for the Kultivators from
2. Keep any
and all documents for the posterity of the Club
3. See that everything gets into storage.
1. Prepare a hint for each
meeting, except special events
2. Advise members of any events
which may be of interest
1. Assign hostesses for each
meeting except December and January
2. Remind hostess committee
one week before each meeting
3. Provide hostess list to the Yearbook chairman by November
LIBRARY and PROPERTIES
1. Keep charge of the storage
2. Keep all books, yearbooks and
3. Keep track of all properties
belonging to Kultivators.
1. Maintain a current membership
list of active, associate and life members.
2. Present the membership list
to the Yearbook chairman by November 1st.
3. Send names and addresses of
new members to the Garden Clubs of Illinois, Inc.
4. Remember members with
greeting cards, as needed.
The committee shall
nominate a president, first vice-president, secretary and treasurer by October. They shall be elected
1. Coordinate the annual
educational plant sales, which educate and inform the public
various plants and their care.
2. Sell garden plants and
house plants at the Rhubarb Festival in May and the
Strawberry Festival in June.
1. Choose 10 programs for the
year (except January and June).
2. Contact all speakers. Send
two copies of the contract: One to be retained by the
one returned to Chair.
3. Arrive early at meetings to
assist speaker. Stay after program to assist
4. Introduce speakers
with their resumè of qualifications.
5. Present list of programs
(Title, location, date, speaker’s name and address) to
Yearbook chairman by
6. Secure date for the Holiday
Luncheon at the Kankakee Country Club
1. Publicize all meetings,
special events and flower shows
2. Arrange for photographers for
special events and follow through with the
3. Keep clippings of all
publicity; give to Awards chairman
See that the annual webiste fee is paid.
2. Maintain website with
frequent updates and pictures of Kultivators' and
1. Prepare yearbook for
printing with all pertinent updates.
2. Get yearbook printed
and to Membership Chairman for distribution to membership.